At Manor Primary School there exists a welcoming, family atmosphere….an atmosphere of warmth, security, trust and friendliness where firmness is mixed with encouragement and challenge to stimulate your child.
Manor Primary is based upon committed teamwork involving teachers, staff, parents, pupils and Governors. This teamwork is based upon mutual respect, support and understanding of all.
We want all our pupils to be happy, to have high self-esteem and to develop confidence in themselves and their abilities, so that they can learn to handle new situations and be fully equipped for the next phase of their life.
We have a reactive curriculum that teaches life skills as well as a full curriculum. We want our pupils to flourish in all aspects of their life and we celebrate our successes across the school. Part of the value of school is experiencing and learning to cope with a wider social environment; learning to relate well to other people and beginning to see things from another’s point of view; learning to share, to be tolerant and to care for others; to be honest, reliable and show concern for each other and their property; to value other cultures and other people’s rights to their beliefs.
We want all our pupils to enjoy school, to develop enthusiasm, confidence, resilience and a questioning approach to life. We see children as individuals with differing needs and strengths; inclusion of all pupils is a core value. Our aim is to extend and support all children and help them to release their full potential. We have high but realistic expectations and are ambitious for all member of the school community. We want all our pupils to give of their best, appreciate what they can do well and what they could make better.
We welcome the new Chief Inspector’s comments at the ASCL Conference in March when Amanda Speilman said that; ‘We owe it to them (young people) to ensure that they all get an education that is broad, rich and deep.’ At Manor we work to give our pupils a thorough grounding in basic skills; to develop a lively interest and curiosity about the world in which they live; to experience a wide curriculum that includes the creative arts and physical activities and to develop a love of learning that will stay with them throughout their life. Working with parents is a key part of our work and we hope you will support your child’s learning at home and participate in our legendary end of term events that we invite you to.
Our Curriculum drivers are:
- Pupil Voice; we listen to what our pupils are interested in, what is current and change our curriculum to reflect what our pupils need to learn.
- Resilience; we want to develop our pupils’ resilience and therefore encourage them to learn from their mistakes, have an open mind set and praise them when they find learning challenging and finally.
- Active Learning; our pupils are fully involved in their learning and make the most of the opportunities available to them.
At Manor Primary School our motto is ‘Making People Successful’
- Making the most of the opportunities for teaching and learning
- Achieving the best we can
- New experiences and challenges every day
- Only behaving in a way we can be proud of
- Respecting and caring for each other and our school environment